Product: Omatic Cloud
Description: This solution presents instructions on accessing your Engaging Networks Credentials
In order to connect Omatic Cloud to Engaging Networks, you will need access to your Engaging Networks Login Username/Password, Private Token and API key for your API user. Please DO NOT SHARE this information with our implementation team; simply have it readily accessible in preparation for implementation.
Required Datasource inputs:
- Username- Your Engaging Networks login username
- Password- Your Engaging Networks login password
- Private Token- Put the private token you create below under "Account Settings -> Tokens".
- API Key for your API user- Enter API Key of your API user you create below.
- Create a new permission group
- Create an API user
Please follow the instructions below to create a new permission group:
1. In Engaging Networks, go to Account Settings
2. Select Permission Groups
3. Select Create new group
4. Click to edit name and enter "Manage Supporters"
5. On the Permissions tab, select Edit permissions for Data Management and Data API
6. Select Grant all permissions for both Data Management and Data API
7. Select Save and close
Please follow the instructions below to create an API user:
1. Once logged in as the subaccount administrator go to the Hello menu at the top, and then to Account settings, and Users on the left.
2. To create a new API User, click on Add API User.
3. Enter the following details:
- Email Address
- Display name = Any Reference name for the user
- First name
- Last name
- Status = "Active"
- API Key: copy and save this API key, you will need this to create the data source
- Group = "Manage Supporters"
- Remote Address = 188.8.131.52~184.108.40.206~220.127.116.11~18.104.22.168
4. Check that all Transaction Types are available in the API export calls:
- Go to -> Data & Reports -> API Options -> Transaction types
- Check that all transaction types are selected here
5. Ensure that 'Version 2' is selected for the 'Export Version Name' field:
- Go to -> Data & Reports -> API Options -> File options
- Ensure that 'Version 2' is selected here
6. Create a Private Token:
- Go to ->Account Settings -> Tokens -> "New Private Token"