Product: Omatic Cloud
Description: This solution presents instructions on how to create a new record type to manage Offline Donations
One way to track Offline Donations (and easily report on them) is by creating a new record type on the Opportunity object. In doing so, you can easily report and filter to quickly visualize Offline Donations entered directly into Salesforce.
Step 1: Select the gear icon on the top right-hand side of your screen. Then, select 'Setup'
Step 2: Select 'Object Manager' and type 'Opportunity' into the quick find box, and select 'Opportunity'
Step 3: Select 'Record Types,' then click 'New'
Step 4: Enter the new Record Type details
- Existing Record Type: select which record type you'd like to copy
- Record Type Label: 'Offline Donation'
- Record Type Name: 'Offline_Donation' (this will auto-populate)
- Sales Process: Select the process you'd like to copy
- Active: select the checkbox
Step 5; Enable the Record Type for the user profiles you'd like to grant access to, then select 'Next'
Step 6: Assign Page Layouts, then click 'Save'
- Select which Page Layout you'd like to use for the new Record Type. You can also apply different Page Layouts for different profiles