Description: This solution outlines how to set up Omatic Cloud for BBCRM
- Log into Omatic Cloud here using the username and password provided
- On the Data Queue page, select 'Start setup' to connect to BBCRM
- Select BBCRM, then click 'Next'
- Set your display name. If you are connecting to Production, we recommend setting the display name to 'BBCRM - Production.' If you are connecting to staging, we recommend setting the display name to 'BBCRM - Staging.' it to 'BBCRM.' Next, enter your BBCRM username and password, along with your URL
- The Use Proxy checkbox funnels traffic to a known IP address. You can check this box if you'd like to whitelist the Omatic IP
- Choose the appropriate data source from the drop down menu, then select 'Next.' In this example, I am building a flat file formula
- Leave the Display Name for the credentials as is, and then select 'Next'
- Next, upload the file you'd like to use for mapping. The file should contain data that you'd like entered into BBCRM. Once uploaded, select 'Next'
- Select the type of formula you'd like to build. You have two formula types: Flat File to BBCRM Data Form and Flat File to BBCRM Constituent with optional Payments. Once you select your formula type, please give your formula a name then select 'Next'
- You will now be prompted to begin your data mapping.
- Column 1: Destination fields. These are the fields available in your CRM. The fields with a red asterisk are required fields in your CRM.
- Column 2: This column allows you to choose whether you want to Ignore, Map, or Define your data. The selected value by default is Ignore. If you select Map, you will choose in the next column (File Upload fields) which header from your file you'd like to use to fill the field. Lastly, Define allows you to define the data you want in the field in your CRM.
- Column 3: This column is where you choose the value from your file to input into the fields in your CRM.
- Column 4: This column allows you to apply actions to your data. You can clean up your data by applying proper casing, lower casing, upper casing, as well as adjust the date and time or postal code formatting. It also allows you to transform your data. Let's say you are importing Campaign Member Statuses, and those who have purchased a ticket to an upcoming event are showing a status of "Responded." With Omatic Cloud, you can transform that data so it shows something more relevant and understandable.
- Column 5: The actions column will show you the clean up and transformation actions you've applied.
- Column 6: This column shows example data. Here you can see exactly how the data will flow into your system. It will only show the first 20 examples from your file.
- If you are mapping to multiple different records in BBCRM, you can use the "Jump to section" on the bottom of the screen to easily navigate to a different object for mapping.
- Once you have completed the data mapping, please select 'Next'
- Next, you will instruct Omatic Cloud how you'd like to handle potential duplicate records. If your source contains an ID, it is recommended to attempt matching the records using ID. If not, please select No ID matching
Omatic Cloud can also search for records based on name and email fields.
By Email Address OR Name recommended because it casts the widest net.
By Email Address AND Name is restrictive because the record needs to match on all three.
- After searching for records in the destination, you can decide what to do with the matches or new records
New Records (No matches found, based on your matching decisions)
- You can stop to review these records that will be added as new and flag as Needs Attention
- If you do not need to review these records, you can flag as Ready
1:1 Matches (One match found)
- You can flag as Needs Attention to always stop and review these records before matching
- You can send records to Ready if they match on selected fields
- You can send all single matches to Ready
1:Many Matches (Multiple potential matches found)
- You can look for exact matches in selected fields. If a single match is found with those fields, the other potential matches will be discarded
Capitalization counts as a data difference (Matched records only)
- Select Yes to stop and see capitalization differences between matched records
- Select No to send the record to Ready and decide which casing to send to the destination
For records flagged as Ready
- You can review these records before sending them to the destination
- You can automatically send the records to the destination
Once complete, you can select 'Start Processing' to begin the database matching.