Product: Omatic Cloud
Description: This solution outlines how to build a formula in Omatic Cloud
Video Instructions: Click here
In order to build a formula, you will have to connect your Omatic Cloud to your CRM. For instructions on how to connect, please refer to this knowledge base article. Once the connection has been established, you can build your first formula.
- Start by selecting "Continue."
- Choose your data source, then select "Next."
- Name your file upload then select "Next."
- Choose the type of data that you will be importing into your CRM, and name your formula. We recommend being as specific as possible with the naming of your formula, as this is how it will appear in your data queue. For example, if you are importing Contacts and Donations from an online giving platform, you can title your formula as "Contact and Donations from (platform name)." Once complete, select "Next."
- Upload the file you would like to use for mapping, and give it a name. Select "Next."
- Next, you will map your data. The data mapping screen in Omatic Cloud presents you with 6 different columns.
- Column 1: Destination fields. These are the fields available in your CRM. The fields with a red asterisk are required fields in your CRM.
- Column 2: This column allows you to choose whether you want to Ignore, Map, or Define your data. The selected value by default is Ignore. If you select Map, you will choose in the next column (File Upload fields) which header from your file you'd like to use to fill the field. Lastly, Define allows you to define the data you want in the field in your CRM.
- Column 3: This column is where you choose the value from your file to input into the fields in your CRM.
- Column 4: This column allows you to apply actions to your data. You can clean up your data by applying proper casing, lower casing, upper casing, as well as adjust the date and time or postal code formatting. It also allows you to transform your data. Let's say you are importing Campaign Member Statuses, and those who have purchased a ticket to an upcoming event are showing a status of "Responded." With Omatic Cloud, you can transform that data so it shows something more relevant and understandable.
- Column 5: The actions column will show you the clean up and transformation actions you've applied.
- Column 6: This column shows example data. Here you can see exactly how the data will flow into your system. It will only show the first 20 examples from your file.
- If you are mapping to multiple objects, you can use the "Jump to section" on the bottom of the screen to easily navigate to a different object for mapping.
- Once you have mapped all the data you'd like to sync to Salesforce, you can select "Next". If you have to step away from your computer and you want to resume mapping later, you can select "Save for later".
- Next, you will instruct Omatic Cloud how you'd like to handle potential duplicate records.If your source contains an ID, it is recommended to attempt matching the records using ID. If not, please select No ID matching.
Omatic Cloud can also search for records based on name and email fields.
By Email Address OR Name recommended because it casts the widest net.
By Email Address AND Name is restrictive because the record needs to match on all three.
By Email Address only does not take name into account.
- Once complete, select "Next."
- After searching for records in the destination, you can decide what to do with the matches or new records.
New Records (No matches found, based on your matching decisions)
- You can stop to review these records that will be added as new and flag as Needs Attention
- If you do not need to review these records, you can flag as Ready
1:1 Matches (One match found)
- You can flag as Needs Attention to always stop and review these records before matching
- You can send records to Ready if they match on selected fields
- You can send all single matches to Ready
1:Many Matches (Multiple potential matches found)
- You can look for exact matches in selected fields. If a single match is found with those fields, the other potential matches will be discarded
Capitalization counts as a data difference (Matched records only)
- Select Yes to stop and see capitalization differences between matched records
- Select No to send the record to Ready and decide which casing to send to the destination
For records flagged as Ready
- You can review these records before sending them to the destination
- You can automatically send the records to the destination
NOTE: The default selection is to Review records first. This feature is enabled the first time you edit a running formula.
Once complete, select "Apply Changes." From here, you are ready to start processing your formula.