How to Choose and Set Up your CRM for Salesforce + Classy
Modified on: Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 1:21 PM
Description: This solution outlines how to set up Omatic Cloud for Salesforce.
Video Instructions: Click here
- Log into Omatic Cloud here using the username and password provided.
- On the Data Queue page, select "Continue" to choose your CRM.
- Select Salesforce, then click Next.
- Set your display name. We recommend setting it to 'Salesforce'. Next, select Sandbox as your environment.
- Allow Omatic access to your sandbox environment.
- Connect to Classy, then click 'Next.'
- Input your API Credentials (Client ID and Client Secret), along with Charity ID. Leave Alternate URL blank. Once complete, select 'Next.'
- Select the type of data you would like to import into your CRM and give it a Display Name. The Display Name will be the title of your formula. Once you've selected the type of data and named your formula, select 'Next.'
- Select the Campaign(s) you'd like to import from. Additionally, choose whether you'd like to include offline donations and recurring gifts and click 'Next.'
- Map your data. On the far left hand side, you will have your destination fields. The rows marked with an asterisk are required fields in your Salesforce. The drop-down menu will allow you to ignore, map, or define your data. The third column allows you to pick which values from your file you'd like to send to Salesforce. The gear icon allows you to clean up and transform your data. The fifth column shows any actions you've applied. Lastly, the sixth column shows you example data so you can see exactly how that data will appear in your database. For more information on data mapping, refer to this knowledge base article. Once you've mapped your data, select 'Next.'
- Apply rules for matching records. If your source contains an ID, it is recommended to attempt matching the records using ID. If not, please select No ID matching. Omatic Cloud can also search for records based on name and email fields.
- By Email Address OR Name is recommended because it casts the widest net.
- By Email Address AND Name is restrictive because the record needs to match on all three.
- By Email Address only does not take name into account.
- Define how you'd like to triage your records for review. For more information on record triage, please refer to this knowledge base article.
- Choose how often you'd like to collect data. You have the option to Schedule imports on a reoccurring basis, or continuously collect the data. Click 'Next.'
- You are now ready to run your formula. Click Start Processing and watch the data flow!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.