How to Connect Omatic Cloud to Salesforce
Modified on: Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 10:22 AM
Description: This solution outlines how to set up Omatic Cloud for Salesforce.
- Log into Omatic Cloud here using the username and password provided.
- On the Data Queue page, select 'Start setup' to connect to Salesforce.
- Select Salesforce, then click 'Next.'
- Set your display name. We recommend setting it to 'Salesforce'. Next, select Sandbox or Production as your environment. When first starting, we recommend connecting to your Sandbox. Click 'Next.'
- Allow Omatic access to your sandbox environment.
- Choose your data source, then click 'Next.'
- Give your data source a display name. It will auto-populate depending on the data source you select. Click 'Next.'
- Select the type of data you would like to import into Salesforce and give it a Display Name. The Display Name will be the title of your formula. Once you've selected the type of data and named your formula, select 'Next.'
- Name your file upload, then select 'Next.'
- Select the type of data you are bringing into Salesforce. Then, name your formula and select 'Next.'
- Upload the file you'd like to use for mapping and select 'Next.'
- Map your data. On the far left hand side, you will have your destination fields. The rows marked with an asterisk are required fields in your Salesforce. The drop-down menu will allow you to ignore, map, or define your data. The third column allows you to pick which values from your file you'd like to send to Salesforce. The gear icon allows you to clean up and transform your data. The fifth column shows any actions you've applied. Lastly, the sixth column shows you example data so you can see exactly how that data will appear in your database. For more information on data mapping, refer to this knowledge base article. Once you've mapped your data, select 'Next.'
- Apply rules for matching records. If your source contains an ID, it is recommended to attempt matching the records using ID. If not, please select No ID matching. Omatic Cloud can also search for records based on name and email fields.
- By Email Address OR Name is recommended because it casts the widest net.
- By Email Address and Name restrictive because the record needs to match on all three.
- By Email Address only does not take name into account.
- Define how you'd like to triage your records for review. For more information on record triage, please refer to this knowledge base article.
- You are now ready to run your formula. Click 'Start Processing' and watch the data flow!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.