Description: This solution describes how to resolve the Error: [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Reserved error (-5016); there is no message for this error.ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failedERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Reserved error (-5016); there is no message for this error. -->System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)-->System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)-->System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)-->System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey
This error occurs when using Master ID for Appeal/Package processing with an Excel file after installing a recent Windows update.
Affected updates that may cause this issue include (but are not limited to):
- Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2 security updates KB4041681 & KB4041678
- Window 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2 security update KB4041693
- Windows 10 security update KB4041676 & KB4041691 . *There have been instances of neither of the two security updates being installed, in that case, removing KB4043961 resolves the issue.
In late January 2018, Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 that resolves this issue.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
Until Microsoft releases a fix for Windows 7 and 8.1, it's possible to uninstall these Windows updates from any affected workstations:
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Under Programs click Uninstall a program
- Click View installed updates on the left side of the window.
- This displays all updates installed on the system.
- Locate the update(s), right-click it and select uninstall from the menu.
- This removes the update from the system.
- Reboot the workstation.