Description: How to create a hierarchy template
Hierarchies define a segment and the levels within that segment. Hierarchies that are used frequently may be defined in templates so that they can be copied into multiple profiles without the need to re-configure them each time.
- Click on the Hierarchy templates tab and click the Add button
- Enter a descriptive name for this template
- Indicate the Segment ID for constituents that do not fall into any of the defined segments
- In the drop down by Type, choose whether this hierarchy is based on Recency, Calculated Recency, Frequency, Monetary or a constituent Query (Each profile must have at least one Query hierarchy)
- Define the segment name and the segment ID for each segment
Use the most recent gift dates to define who is included in which segment. Define the date ranges for each segment. Date ranges should not overlap.
Define whether segments are based on a generic numbers of days, weeks, months, or years rather than specific date ranges. When assigned to a profile, the dates will be calculated relative to that day and the profile will reflect specific dates at that point.
Use the number of gifts to define who is included in which segment. Define the numeric ranges for each segment. Gift ranges should not overlap.
Use gift amounts to define who is included in which segment. Define whether segments are based on the average, cumulative (sum), first (oldest), highest, or last (newest) gift amounts. Define the dollar ranges for each segment. Gift ranges should not overlap.
Use constituent queries to define who is included in which segment. You may optionally use constituent queries to exclude a subset of constituents that would otherwise be in that segment.
In the Include and Exclude query cells click on the browse (…) button to search for queries.
Note: Constituents will be in one and only one segment. The sequence that segments are defined is crucial in determining which segment a constituent falls into.
For additional information regarding SegmentOmatic, please review the SegmentOmatic User Guide.