Description: This solution discusses how to locate an import file that is being renamed after the importing process
If your import file appears to be disappearing after importing it is possible that a setting is causing this to occur. Follow the below steps to turn the setting to "Rename processed import files to add a timestamp (YYYMMDD_HHMMSS)" off.
To Turn Off the date/time stamp append feature:
- Open the profile in question through ImportOmatic Configuration
- Select General Settings in the profile navigation pane of the profile that appears on the left hand side of the profile window
- Remove the check mark from the check box labeled "Rename processed import files to add a timestamp (YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS)"
- Select Save to save changes to the profile settings.
This will prevent import files from continuing to be renamed with a timestamp, which changes the file format of the data file.
To locate data files that were previously marked with the date/time stamp:
- Go to the folder or location on your network where you retrieve your data file from for importing
- When in the folder or location, select to view "All Files", this will allow you to view all file types
- The data file that you were working with should appear with a string of numbers on the end located behind the .txt or .csv file extension. The file would appear in the following naming convention "Test_File.csv20121005_121252"
- Remove the period (.) and everything behind the period that occurs after the file extension of .txt or .csv. Example: "Test_File.csv20121005_121252" should appear as "Test_File.csv" after removing the period (.) and all following characters.
This renaming of the file will return it to an importable .txt or .csv format and the file can be used again for importing.
Refer to the ImportOmatic User Guide for additional information.