Description: This solution describes how to import participants to an event in The Raiser's Edge
To import a participant to an event, you will need the Event ID of an existing Event in The Raiser’s Edge. You will also want to include data for any fields that are required to create a participant record. You can find these fields in RE>Config>Fields>Participant; some required fields will auto-populate with data and don’t need to be included unless desired. (For example, Invitation defaults to Not Invited).
Map the participant’s biographical information as usual with Raiser's Edge Fields of Constituent Field, Constituent Address, etc.
The Raiser's Edge Fields for the event information are:
Participant – Guest
Participant – Guest Address
Participant – Guest Phone – Type/Number/DNC
Participant – Guest Email – Type/Address/DNC
Participant – Fee
Participant Attribute – Category/Description/Comments/Date
Participant – Award
Participant – Dinner Preference
Create the event of your choosing within RE:
1) In The Raiser’s Edge, ensure that the event has the appropriate category selected.
Map the participant fields for import
2) Map constituent name, address, and other biographical fields.
3) Map the participant fields – be sure to include the event id so that IOM knows which event to link the participants to.
4) If you wish to make the participants non-constituents, include a column with the value No mapped to Raiser's Edge Field Participant > Participant is a Constituent
Run the import
5) Save the profile and import the records.
Refer to the ImportOmatic User Guide for additional information.