Start a new topic
Implemented

Ability to "Add New" from the 1:1 and 1:Many Queues

Hi Omatic Team,

The "Add New" button in the 1:1 and 1:Many queues is grayed out but we feel it's too restrictive. We would like the ability to add a new constituent from those queues. 

Thanks,

Melisa

Thank you for submitting your idea Melisa! We are currently looking at enhancements with those Actions controls in many of the "Needs Attention" queues and would like to understand the scenario you are interested in covering. If there is a potential match to a record in BBCRM, in which case(s) would you like to add a new constituent? 

Hi Chanel,

So sorry for my delay-- we would like it in all the Needs Attention queues since sometimes what is flagged as a potential match may not actually be enough to decide to match. In those cases, we would add as new.

Thanks,

Melisa

Melisa, thank you for your response! We do have some upcoming changes to allow for more flexibility in those queues, so I will keep you looped in when we get closer to releasing those updates. 

In the meantime, I'd like to ask if you are mapping or have added a defined value of "true" in the "Edit if Matched" fields in your formulas? To prevent duplicates from being added in BBCRM, if the "Edit if Matched" field is mapped or defined with a value of "true" (or a similar, accepted value), the "Add New" action button is disabled. If the "Edit if Matched" fields are not mapped or are defined as "false," the "Add New" button will be enabled. 

If you'd like to check out more information on the "Edit if Matched" field, you can check out our solution entry here. 

Best,

Chanel

Hi Chanel,

We are mapping “Edit if Matched” in certain sections of our formula (i.e. not in the constituent section but in the address and email sections). We understand the need for duplicate prevention, but would like to see more flexibility that if, at the constituent level, we have “Edit if Matched” equal to false (or blank), that we could add a new constituent. It seems confusing to have this setting at the address or email level dictate constituent-level decisions.

Thanks again,

Melisa

Hi Melisa, 

I wanted to let you know about a new "Override" action button we've added to the "New", "1:1", and "1:Many" grids. 

Clicking the override button will give the user the ability to target a specific BBCRM record by entering the URL for the individual's record. The button will be enabled even if you have "Edit if matched" defined in your formula. We are working on an information page in the knowledgebase, so until then, feel free to reach out to me with any questions. 

Best,

Chanel

Great, thanks Chanel! We've let our team know.

Thanks,

Melisa

Hi Melisa, 

I believe we mentioned the update to the 'Add new' button in a communication to your team in November or December 2021, but wanted to track in here that we've "unrestricted" the 'Add new' button on the 1:1 and 1:Many Needs Attention grids, regardless if a match was found.

Thanks, 

Chanel

Login or Signup to post a comment