Start a new topic

How to Download & Install

How to Download & Install Updates and New Products:

To install an update, you do not need to uninstall the current version, you can just install the update on top of the old version.  Please make sure you update all workstations that are using the tool with the directions below, as the versions need to remain consistent throughout an organization. 

Directions:

1. From the update forum, open the most recent update post and use the "attachment" link at the bottom of the post to download the upgrade or new product onto your desktop
  2. Unzip the installation files you just downloaded to your desktop
  3. Double click and download the "setup.exe" file
  4. Click "Next"
  5. Verify the installation path is correct by clicking the "browse" button and make sure the destination path is the plugin section of Raiser's Edge or Financial Edge (depending on what the plug-in is for).  Example: (for a 32 bit system) C:\Program Files\Blackbaud|The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins   (for a 64 bit system)  C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins   (If yours does not look one of these, you will need to see what directory your RE or FE is in for your install)
  6. Once you have verified the path is correct, Click "Next" - "Next" and you are done!
  7. Perform steps 1-6 on all workstations that have the tool installed on it

For questions, please call or email support at (888) OMATIC-ME or Support@OmaticSoftware.com

If I have an older version of Importomatic, can I just install the latest version or do I need to go back and install all updates separately?

Hi Chanelle,

Yes, you can download and install the latest version. You do not need to do all of the incremental updates. Be sure to run the update on ALL workstations that use Import-O-Matic. Additionally, please review the Revision History file for information on the software changes since your last upgrade. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions related to the new functionality.

Best,
Callie

Login to post a comment