Start a new topic

Meaning of exception error message

What does this exception mean? - Line 1: Required Field Missing:  Constituent Code [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: '', Field: 'Constituent Code', Value: ''] -->BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save()-->IOM16706.CImport.#=qKYIBI8lerVp$4BUz1Lza$g==()
This import does not and doesn't seem to me it should have a constituent code. Or am I reading this wrong?  Thanks

Good afternoon, Sandi,

This error generally means that your RE database is set to require a Constituent Code for all new records and you are creating a new record in this import. If so, you will need to specify one in the data file or in a Default Set.

RE thinks the record on Line 1 is a new record. If it is not, then please check the values in your data file that you are using to match your records (ID, Last Name and First Name, etc) and verify they match a real record in RE.

If neither of these resolves it, please open a case either via the website or by sending an e-mail to Support@omaticsoftware.com so we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Tiffany
Actually, I was just trying to update some records with an additional relationship - not create new records. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Sandi,

What version of IOM are you on? A previous version was requiring constituent required fields on non-constituent relationships, but that was corrected a few versions back.

Thanks,
Jeff
Login to post a comment