Start a new topic

Constituent Batches and Time Sheets

I think I heard that O-Matic was going to add a component for creating constituent batches and volunteer time sheets.  Is this something that is in the works?  I can create an IOM profile to add constituents but the specific volunteer info I need (interests, emergency contact, etc.) do not have these fields available.

Thank you,
Heather

Hi Heather,

Yes, you can import constituents with volunteer time sheets and job assignments with IOM. We focused on those areas because those seemed to be the most time-intensive for our clients processing volunteer information. There has not been much call for the other areas of volunteer, but we always have our eyes pealed for user ideas and feeback on our uservoice site!  :)

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Does IOM have the ability to import constituent batches only? I need to add the volunteers in first as well as include their emergency contact name, phone number and volunteer interests. Once those are in RE the volunteers will send me the time sheets in an excel file. I will also look at the uservoice site to see what's there.

Heather
Another Question:
I can see where I umport to a gift batch but can I import to a timesheet batch?

Thanks again!
Heather
Hi Heather,

Constituents are created directly rather than going into a constituent batch, but you can import relationships and phone data. We only import time sheets and job assignments right now, so volunteer interests would be outside of that. What I would recommend is processing the file with the option to "ouput constituent import IDs" turned on. When this is done it will create an output file that has all the import IDs of constituents that it created or matched to. You can then use this file with the standard import module to import volunteer interests, as IOM will have taken care of de-duplication and data cleanup for you. The time sheet data, since it's an automated process, bypasses the batch and goes straight onto the constituent's time sheet data tab.

Jeff

Great! I just imported time sheets and they worked perfectly! I will look at turning on the Import ID's for the next group of constituents I add.

Thank you.
RE: "Ouput constituent import IDs" turned on. Is this a field in IOM or in the RE import? I can't find it in IOM.
Sorry, Configuration Tab --> "Create Import ID file for all matched or new constituents" checkbox. It will create an output file with the import ID as a new, first, column in file.
Got it. Once I do that do I need to point to where this file should go once it's created or does it automatically pop-up when the import is finished so I can see it? This is great.
Hi Heather,

The file will be stored in the same location as your error/exception files. You can check the path by going to Import-O-Matic --> Configuration. The path is on the first tab. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Callie
Login to post a comment