Start a new topic

Importing new constituents with employment info

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to import a file of new constituents with employment information.  The only address details are the employment address details, so the Org Relationship address needs to also be the preferred address.  There doesn't seem to be an Organisation Address field that is "Preferred", this seems to only be available in Constituent Addresss fields.  So when I'm testing the import it's putting in the Org Relationship and address, but also adding a blank preferred address as well.  Can you please tell me where I'm going wrong?

Cheers,
Kim
1 Comment

Hello Kim,

One option would be to copy the address fields into additional columns in the file and map the first set as the organization relationship address and the second set as the constituent address.  The plus side is that you only run the import once but the minus is that you must edit the file each time.

Another option would be to import the file twice using 2 different profiles.  The first time would import the constituent and the map the address fields as the constituent's primary address.  The second time would import the organization relationship and map the address fields as the organization relationship's address.  The plus side of this option is that you won't need to edit the file but the minus is that you have to import it twice.

Sue
Login to post a comment