Start a new topic

Input string was not in a correct format

Hello,

Im trying to add a Solicitor to a gift record. Not a Solicitor relationship to a Constituent record. The gifts already exist.

I started with a Profile that had 2 fields, Gift ID mapped to Gift ID as the value type, and Solicitor mapped to Solicitor Name or Constituent ID as the value type in IOM.

In the data file the solicitor was a Constituent name, like John Brown, or Walsh Construction. This produced the Exception Required Field Missing: Constituent Code [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: '', Field: 'Constituent Code', Value: ''] . This made me think that it needed the Constituent ID in addition to the Gift ID, which seemed a bit redundant, but I changed the data file to add the ConsID and also added it to the profile. This produced the error Input string was not in a correct format.

Which I took to mean that the Solicitor was not formatted properly, so I tried using the Constituent ID in the Solicitor field as well, as the Value Type in the profile said Solicitor Name or Constituent ID.  This produced the Exception Required Field Missing: Campaign [Object: 'CGift', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: '4/1/2010 Cash $0.00 - Nanette M. Klimkow', Field: 'Campaign', Value: ''].

I had no idea what this meant, so I went back to using the name for the Solicitor in the data file, first surrounded by then by marks. Still the same Input string was not in a correct format.

Does anyone out there know how to format the string(s) properly?
Thanks! Nanette

Hi Nanette,

I-O-M can update existing constituents, etc, but it does not update gifts that are already entered in the system. If you have the Gift ID can you use RE's built-in import to update them?

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, yes, I can use the Global Change to add a solicitor, I just try to use IOM for everything!
Nanette
Login or Signup to post a comment