Start a new topic

Adding - Linking Solicitors to Actions

Having a bit of an issue with IOM when I'm attempting to link a solicitor to an action or proposal during the import.  Just did one for actions, and instead of adding the solicitor to the action - it added the solicitor to the relationship tab.  These solicitors are not the solicitor on the constituent record - so I didn't want them added - they are just the solicitor on the action itself.  I went back and made sure my mapping was correct - and I mapped the solicitor to the action.  But for some reason it doesn't do it onto the action or proposal but to the relationship tab.  Ideas? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

So for your mapping under record type you have action I presume. And under value type do you have "solicitor cons ID or record name" or "solicitor system ID"?
Yes. Truth be told I've tried varations of "Solicitor Cons ID" and "Solicitor System ID" - but under the record type of Action just to see if I was perhaps using the wrong one.
Hi Sue,

I am sorry you are encountering a more complicated issue! In order to properly assist you with this particular issue, I will need to examine the following files: the data file and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support
Just sent it. Thanks!
Hi Sue,

I am unable to duplicate the behavior you are seeing using the most current version of ImportOmatic (v 2.2.1) and your profile. When I test the functionality, it behaves as desired with the Solicitor information being placed only on the Action record and not on the Relationships tab of the Constituent record.

Since you are running an older version of ImportOmatic, please update to the most current version and let me know, through your Support case, if the issue persists.

You can download the latest version here (you will need to be logged in to the website to access this link):

http://omaticsoftware.com/Forums/tabid/108/aft/524/Default.aspx

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks!

Tiffany
Login or Signup to post a comment