Start a new topic

Gift & Relationship tabs

It looks like when I open a record from the Duplicate Search Matching tool I can't see the Gift or Relationship tabs.  Is there a reason for that?

Hi Wayne,

Are you running your import in Validation mode? If so, here's an excerpt from a previous forum post

We recently rolled out a "Validation Mode" in IOM that allows a user to roll back an entire import at the end if they are not satisfied with the results. Unfortunately, there is a known issue with the RE7 Transactor such that if a user opens a "full" constituent form during a transaction, it can lock other RE7 workstations until that transaction is committed. So, when we added Validation Mode as an option to IOM imports, we also changed IOM (when running in Validation Mode) to show a more limited constituent form ("ShowOKCancel") which lets you change many things on a constituent, but it does not show the gifts, relationships, action, membership, and events tabs, and it does not allow you to merge the constituent with another constituent.

If you aren't running in Validation Mode, are you opening a non-constituent record? If so, those same tabs will be missing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Great, makes sense, thanks! I think I was in validation mode.

I have a questio about this too. I have noticed when importnig membership information we can not see the gift information when we open a record from that part of the process. This is not in validation mode. It would be really helpful if we could see the gift info. Any chance that could be in an update eventually?
And hi, Wayne!!! :)

Amy Barker
Hi Amy!

Just to clarify - you would like to see the incoming gift information when you open the duplicate matching screen, is that right?

Do you have the option to turn on the membership processing form? This will show you the gift and membership information after matching to your record.

Please let me know if that's not what you meant. Also, I'd recommend posting your idea on our suggestion site, iom.uservoice.com!

Thank you!
Amanda
Omatic Support

Oh now, I mean we'd like to see past gifts. I have posted it as a recommendation too, but was wondering if there is something I have been missing.
I see, thanks Amy!

If these are full constituents, the gift tab should be there when you open the record from the duplicate matching screen. If this isn't the case, please send an email to support@omaticsoftware.com so we can take a look for you.

Thank you again!
Amanda
Omatic Support
Yes, but by the time we get to the membership screen that's no longer an option. We can only open a partial record with no gift info. It would be nice to be able to access the full constiuent record from the membership screen.
Amy,

We are purposely limiting the the tabs you see when you open that constituent record to prevent database locking. If we didn't do this then all other users on your RE database would see their RE screens freeze up until you finished processing that data row.
Login or Signup to post a comment