Start a new topic

Import Actions Update

I would like to suggest a feature to Import O Matic that would allow for actions to be updated. I hadto  use Raiser's Edge native import tool today. I had forgotten how ugly that process was. 

Did you do this on the uservoice site? That is the place to put suggestions.

Also IOM does not do any updating - it only imports new records - whether or not you import actions, constituents, gifts, etc. - it only imports new records. They need an Update-O-Matic.
Posted By Melissa Graves on 29 Nov 2012 02:58 PM
Also IOM does not do any updating - it only imports new records - whether or not you import actions, constituents, gifts, etc. - it only imports new records. They need an Update-O-Matic.

I'm quite certain IOM updates records, as that is what I'm intending for it to do and have had it done in test runs.  There are also settings that directly deal with how IOM handles new values when importing and how to update them accordingly.
I think the only one it does update is constituents. I think that if you already have existing gifts in there it will not update them. Am I wrong in that?
Posted By Melissa Graves on 29 Nov 2012 02:58 PM 
Also IOM does not do any updating - it only imports new record

Whoa, ImportOmatic does lots of existing record updating! It updates constituents, addresses, individual & org relationships, education records, event participants and guests, prospects/proposals, memberships, attributes and probably a few more that aren't coming to mind right now. Back to the main topic though, IOM actually can update existing Actions as well, just map the Action Import ID like this:

Jeff- I will try it on my next action update and report back the issues. I believe even Support told me it was not possible.

Melissa- -what is the link to the uservoice site?

Hi Seth,

Here is the link to our UserVoice site, we love getting feedback, ideas and encouragement from our users (check out the filter that shows how many ideas from UserVoice we've actually implemented). Even easier than going through that site though, you can click the "Feedback" button within IOM itself.

Sorry if you got a miscue from support about updating actions, I will have that support person banished to the area outside of the building where our local feral cats congregate:

Login to post a comment