Start a new topic

Required Field Missing: Last Name

When import gifts, if there is an entry in either the Spouse Title or Spouse First Name column then I receive the following error:

Line 1: Required Field Missing:  Last Name [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '?', Import ID: '?', Desc: '?', Field: 'Last Name'] -->BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save()-->#=qwlUHwOH4ie6PDkk7jDwE0zVsaZfzkyecL29MjKbaw$g=(String #=qRcDSuj9MNylmGwqVDrEF1Q==, Boolean #=qe1TEcrLM5XdSd8QSGe6Jbg==, Int32 #=qH1P8FmlYBBIQjmvTSs1a3w==, String #=qd3$2DqJVtu2Tikowwm$XMBzfGD_O14oRtfSJwQILZc8=, ArrayList& #=qijTnDKdmKR3FQIesVBWmegBUL_L4d7VfvIIJf7ZmPNE=, Boolean #=q0DzYgsXeVObpwPH19_VKXQ==)-->#=q5bf6Sz5ZkFxYvvF$k4jyEg==()

Here is a sample file with the column headers & 1 row of data:

ConsID Organization Title First SPS_Title Spouse Last Address City State Zip Phone Email Gender PageGrid Gift Date FundID GiftCode Appeal Gift Type Gift Amt Campaign Pay Method Acknowledge Acknowledge Date Reference
Mr. Dummy Mrs. Susan Record 123 East St Oxnard CA 93013 8055555555 Male 6/27/2011 300 Miscellaneous 11SGIB Gift-in-Kind $0.00 Annual Other Acknowledged 6/27/2011 SF 6/27/11 to 7/1/11

Here is the 1st few lines of the field map for this import profile:

Field #    Field Name        Record Type                    Value Type
1            ConsID              Constituent Field              ID
2            Organization      Constituent Field              Org Name
3            Title                  Constituent Field              Title 1
4            First                  Constituent Field               First Name
5            SPS_Title           Individual Relationship      Title 1
6            Spouse              Individual Relationship       First Name
7            Last                   Constituent Field               Last Name
8            Address             Constituent Address Field   Address

Anybody see anything weird in my file or profile? Not me.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg,

I'm thinking a field mapped as "Individual Relationship --> Last Name" would do the trick. If I remember correctly, I think IOM will even default it to the constituent's last name if it's blank. Without that separate field, how will you handle unmarried couples or those where one has elected to keep their maiden name?

Jeff
Jeff,

Your suggestion worked for existing donors but not new donors. I have added a separate last name field for the spouse which seems to be working. I probably need to get us up to 7.85 quickly so we'll be running an RE version that you test on!

Thanks for the quick help,
Greg
Hi,

I try to import a file without gift, but I have the same error Requierd field missing: Last name , and all it's mapping correctly

Line 1: Required Field Missing: Last Name [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '?', Import ID: '?', Desc: '?', Field: 'Last Name'] à BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save() à ImportOM.CImport.#=qCE5pmhEFol_hL1kU1Zo315Qx4xZ7OeVeAnmxXMJxnKs=(String #=qL4r2pn474TqcObiHsDkCZg==, Boolean #=qUkLi1i7$PrZ3YY_glvF7mw==, Int32 #=qrBjHVQeUP4h9IgTtIMPF2g==, String #=qCnyj_aixn6nWUeGiypbGMegYnam29tDOgJT9KhVb$Gk=, ArrayList& #=q$kPvcFfto8NSAb7WAVVZjOEcPQjhvs4ZTO8 9Bzm8Zk=, Boolean #=q6Oyc4hJsuT1qT29bQyvqRA==, Int32 #=qneSV$EmyeZaa23RnzlFe6Q==) à ImportOM.CImport.Process()

If a Relationship problem?

Thanks,

Jesus
Hi Jesús,

I am sorry you are encountering a more complicated issue! In order to properly assist you with this particular issue, I will need to examine the following files: error.txt file, data file, and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Software
Login or Signup to post a comment